Install Workday Studio
Hope, you had a great knowledge by going through the introduction part, now let’s discuss about come practical things for which looks more interesting.
Workday Studio has the following hardware requirements:
- 1 GB of disk space (Approximately) for full Studio installation.
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is required to run the Studio.
- A display resolution of at least 1280 x 1024, but higher is recommended.
- Oracle JDK 1.6.0_26 or later: Before installing and using Studio, you need Java 2 Platform.
- Standard Edition (J2SE) version 1.6.0_26 or later.
- Browse to the download page for this JDK
Launch JDK and Click on Next,
- Specify JDK location to install by Clicking on Change Button.
- And Click Next>.
- JAVA – SETUP: Click Next.
- Click Finish button on successfully installed.
Downloading and Running the Installer:
- You can download Studio from the Workday Developer Network (WDN) on the Workday Community .
- Now, Double-click the Studio installation file to launch the installation.
- Then, Click on Next > to continue.
WORKDAY STUDIO SETUP:
- Read the license agreement and select the check box to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Then click Next > Button.
- Enter a path or browse to the location of the required Java Development Kit (JDK) installation (see “Software Requirements”). The JDK includes the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) as well.
- Click on Next > Button.
- If the JVM details are correct, then select Confirm; otherwise, click on Back to edit the location and version of the JDK settings.
- Enter a path or browse to the directory where you wish to install Studio.
Now, click on “Next”.
- Customize the Start menu folder as required, or leave as default. Then Click on Install.
- The installer copies the Studio files to the destination folder.
- When the Installation completes, a message is displayed, then click on Next.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
WORKDAY STUDIO – Launch
- Double click the Workday Icon to launch studio 15.
- Specify the location of the workspace.
- Provide the Tenant, User Name and Password on availability and Click OK.
- The Welcome page of Workday Studio 15 will be displayed as below.
Workday Web Service Reference
- Build Soap Request
- Refer Workday web service library API
- Validate SOAP request
- The SOAP request uses reference ID and Integration Type ID . Refer Link below .
The Integration ID Types are documented here – https://community.workday.com/doc/int/25771
Above explained are few steps which I have used to install and configure the Workday Studio.